Friday, December 8, 2017

Knitted presents finished:

Made a couple of hats as part of Christmas gifts.

This one is "Christian's Hat" by Agnes Kutas, I got the pattern off Raverly, but you can get it here as well. I loved the pattern and it was super easy to follow.  I am now going to make the matching scarf for dh.  The hat is for someone else.  The good news both these patterns are free!!


  
 This hat pattern is called "Kool Hat," by Mei Lynne Travis from Yarngear.  I got the pattern from Raverly and Mei Lynne does have a blog, but I got an "unsafe," warning from my virus protection software when I tried to go into it.   I have sent her a message.  Regardless this is a great easy pattern and a fast knit and it too was free on Raverly, not sure if she has the same pattern on her blog though?
As I have said before, I will never be a champion knitter.  I know my limitations and when searching for patterns on Raverly I tend to tick off EASY as one option.  Saying that I will say I found these challenging enough not to make me sick of knitting them.  I like to have an interesting pattern, which is quick and easy as well.  I find Raverly as a great source for knitting and crochet patterns.

Today's Christmas song the latest from Pentatonix:




8 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...


Sadly, I am not a knitter, and with hands and shoulders injured, I never will be. Those are very nice gifts.

Karen said...

Very nice hats. I have been using Patons Canadiana a lot for my Christmas knitting too. They seem to have made it a lot softer and cushier since I last used it for socks.

Winifred said...

They are great hats Gill. Love the wool.

I often have that problem with craft websites. I think it might have something to do with the ads they have on them. They often have masses which is annoying. I have my favourites which I know are safe.

Jackie said...

The hats are lovely Gill. You did a great job.

God bless.

Maria said...

Love those knitted hats! I also enjoyed the song clip; a great version of that old song. I was also admiring your flowering cactus and the lovely hexie doily it was standing on.

Jane said...

I look for the easy crochet patterns as well! There are things that I just don't seem to be able to do :) Love your Christmas cactus. I have one that a neighbour gave me and my 2 cats ate all the tips off. However I do have one bloom coming on and hope it opens by Christmas picture. I'll post a photo - it's worse than Charlie Brown's Christmas tree!!

Stella Jones said...

Well I think you're doing great! and what's more, you are enjoying it, aren't you and so you will get better and better. Your gifts are sure to be appreciated Gill.

William Kendall said...

Well done!

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...