Monday, April 21, 2014

Sold!

The lawn tractor was picked up today.  Bit sad to see her go but she has gone to a good home down in Chatham.  The people were saying they have already cut their grass twice.  Luckily for us ours is no where near ready for us to cut and I hope it stays that way!!!  We do have a regular gas lawn mower, so we will keep the grass immediately around the house trimmed.

It's a big relief that it sold, as now we only have little stuff to sell and if it goes it goes if not, not the end of the world.  We are holding onto the trimmer for a couple of weeks, just to trim around the flower beds.  That's our most expensive thing we have left at an asking price of $300, it's worth well over $600 if bought new.

I have been researching drapes/curtains/blinds and other window coverings recently.  Where we live now we have blinds in the bedrooms just to keep the light out and two blinds in the family room, again to keep the sun out.  Otherwise we don't have any window coverings.  With us moving back into a subdivision, we will need window coverings.

I have more or less decided to go with drapes/curtains and sheers/nets for the bedroom.  I have fallen in love with these drapes from Pottery Barn:



I like the way they hang and with the lining they will keep out the light.  We are going to head down to Yorkdale on the weekend and check out the store.

I also love this range of bathroom fittings especially this mirror:

I am still searching for the perfect light fixtures for the living room.  I have narrowed it down and this is number one at the moment.  The photo doesn't do it justice.

So that's me for the moment.  Kijiji is keeping me busy.  Got my first load of laundry hung out and dried today, FINALLY!!!  Then of course there is packing and sorting stuff out.

Hope everyone is doing okay, sorry for not visiting any one's blogs.

8 comments:

William Kendall said...

That's a beautiful light fixture! Go for it!

Piece by Piece said...

Glad you are slowly getting rid of unwanted garden items, it must be quite a load off your mind.
What are you going to be doing this Summer,instead of cutting the grass on the acreage?
Love the drapes and mirror....the lamp??...I don't know....not my style really. If it didn't have other lights in the background it might look better.
Patricia

Stella Jones said...

Have you sold your house then? I must be behind. Will catch up on here too. Hop over to my blog when you have time and see Dylan looking for Easter eggs?

Jane said...

Well done, you have been busy. Isn't it nice to get some $$ out of the things you're getting rid of. Love the colour of the drapes, makes me think of chocolate for some reason :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad to read fhat things are moving along for you and selling large items is always good. We have a utility tractor which would be nice go sell when we finally sell our home, but ai fear my husband is rather too fond of it.

angela said...

So glad it's going well. Can't wait to see the new place all finished and looking lovely.

Debby said...

Congrats on the sale of your tractor!! I have the same window treatments in our home, I was able to get them super cheap at "Hancocks" fabric store.

Kathleen said...

I have that very same mirror in my house and guest cottage and have the blackout lining drapes in Lagoon and Dark Henna in a couple of the bedrooms. Love Pottery Barn. Always nice products and great customer service.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...