Saturday, July 30, 2011

Update on Molly........

There was half a cup of food in her bowl, and she sneaked through to eat it while we were watching tv.  She managed to keep it down and hasn't vomited since.

She had a good night and neither of us woke until after 6am which is good.

When she came downstairs I gave her half a cheese slice with the Vanectyl P as she is chewing her paws etc.  She wanted to have that cheese slice, so she must be feeling a bit better.  I will give her antibiotic a bit later, I want to see how she is feeling.   She does look a whole lot better and she has a lot more life about her.

Meanwhile we have another issue as the coyote is back eating the raspberries.  It just won't go away.  It's the same one and we are worried it will get too comfortable and move closer and closer to the house.  The only good thing at this point is that when I go out or it sees me it heads back down the field towards the woods.

I mentioned it at the vets yesterday to the technician and she said the farmers were complaining about all the coyotes this year.  I will call animal control next week and see what they say about the situation, as I don't want it shot, but I don't think it's good it keeps coming up to the house.

Also just witnessed a squirrel in my raspberry patch as well.  Is there any wildlife who doesn't not like raspberries around here???

I also wanted to say thanks to all the comments about Molly, Molly and I really appreciate all your love and concern for her. 

13 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

So glad Miss Molly is feeling better! Give her a big kiss and ear rub again ....I think it did the trick!!
Jane x

Rita said...

Give Molly a hug and a kiss on top of her head for me. I just love her. In fact, I love all dogs. I'm going to have to stop visiting the pets at the pet store. Usually, I'll see one I'd like to bring home. This last time I saw 6 and 2 a brother and sister duo I could not get out of my mind. Would love to go back and get them. I'll have to stop visiting the pets at the store. :)

MyBulletinBoard said...

So glad you're both doing better today!

~Carla~ said...

So happy to hear that Molly is doing better!! :) As for the coyotes, I wouldn't step foot outside with them nearby! lol! Hope you can find a way to keep them away!!!

Karine said...

I'm so glad to hear that Molly is feeling better!

Canadian Saver said...

Oh soooo glad Molly is feeling better!!

A good trick with pills is to put them in mini marshmallows... My Lab had cancer and took tons of pills and this is the only thing that worked for him. He never suspected and they went down super easily.

Coyotes scare me... they chased one of our 6 month foals one year and he ended up dying :-( I've hated them ever since. They can be dangerous too, they killed a young hiker in NS last year, so can never be too carely.

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Sound like Molly was having a bout with an allergy; most wildlife love raspberries, just good thing the bears are up here and not down in your area, as I would certainly would not be venturing out in a a berry patch if that were the case. Happy to hear Molly is having a better day, hopefully remaining that way....

Sugar__Mama said...

glad to hear molly is doing better...poor thing must have been feeling terrible

Cath said...

Poor Molly . hope she feels better soon , and you have a good weekend . X

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Gill!! Being out of town, having company and working has really put me behind on blog-reading, and I'm sorry to read about Molly. I hope that by the time you see this, she's feeling better and on the mend! Don't they know how we worry??

I hope your coyote problems resolves itself and 'outside help' won't be needed. Take care!!

Scrappy quilter said...

So good to see that Molly is improving. I hope it continues. Can you tie aluminum pie plates around your raspberries. I use to do that when the birds ate ours. It worked. Not sure if it would for a coyote or squirrel.

angela said...

Glad to hear Molly is doing better. Big hugs to both of you

DeniseinVA said...

Very happy too hear Molly is doing better. Poor thing has certainly been through a lot with those allergies. Hope you can get your share of the blackberries. Sounds like you have a lot of competition for them.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...