Sunday, September 13, 2026

Indigo Book Giveaway

 

For the third year in a row, Canada's biggest bookstore chain, Indigo was giving books away.  We went last year and I blogged about it here.

The store opened at 9am and we were there just after 8:30am and here was the line.  The weather was glorious, unlike last year when it was cold and drizzling.  A lady from the store went down the line and handed out slips of paper with what book you would like.  You were allowed one book per adult (age 18+).  I of course dragged hubby along with me.  It was very well organized.
By the time the lady got to us; they had no more copies of "Shadow of the Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon" left.    I was going to get that book, but luckily I had two others picked out.  I ended up with:

"Educated by Tara Westover"  I started to read this book on Saturday afternoon and kept thinking to myself, this all sounds familiar.  So decided to look at my Book review blog and sure enough I reviewed it there back in 2019.  You can read my review here.
"The Wager, by David Grann"

The two other books choices were, "Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi" and that is a graphic novel and just not my thing.  "Bear Town by Fredrik Backman" seemed a popular choice with people we were standing with.  I do not enjoy this author at all and its about hockey which again is not my thing.

I have added links to all the book titles, so you can see the synopsis on the books.  I will of course pass on my books when I had read them, like I always do.  As I have said before this is a wonderful thing this company does and it's a Canadian company which is an added bonus!

No comments:

Indigo Book Giveaway

  For the third year in a row, Canada's biggest bookstore chain, Indigo was giving books away.  We went last year and I blogged about i...