Sunday, September 19, 2021

This made me sad.....

 I was reading an article somewhere and it was talking about how some children never get told how much they are loved.  Or praised for doing things, or even read too.  That makes me sad.  I always make a point of praising the grandchildren for even the little things; seeing their faces light up makes me so happy.

Playing pretend with the children is always a hit, and I always read with them.  I just can't imagine not telling a child you are related to that you love them.  Those three words "I love you," is such a simple thing to say.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I cannot agree more. There is indescribable joy in the face of a child when they realise you are listening to them and that you genuinely care for them. (The same applies for adults too.)in the cruel, hurting world, we need to show more love to one another. I seem to remember Jesus telling us to do that!

William Kendall said...

Sometimes the adult in the equation is damaged in such a way that they can't say it, or even show it.

Jackie said...

Like you I can not fathom how someone could never tell their child they love them or read to them or give them hugs. This hurts my heart.

God bless.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...