Saturday, September 25, 2021

Another before and after........

This was done in early Spring, so we have been living with this for a while.  We replaced the bathroom vanity countertop with a granite countertop.  When we went to pick it out from the store, I listened to what the sales guy and dh said.  That was my first mistake.  I knew in my gut I should not of listened to them but I did.  

Needless to say when they installed this countertop, it did not "go" with the vanity.  The vanity is a warm colour, the countertop is a cooler colour.  After spending all that money I wasn't happy so hummed and haa-ed over it.

I finally came up with a solution and we had the vanity refaced.  What that means is they installed new doors and put some "peel and stick" covering over the rest of the surfaces.  Now it's not your usual "peel and stick" covering you buy from a store it's a lot more durable.

I love the results and it has held up well over the Spring and Summer.  The cost included new handles and overall it has updated the bathroom for not too much money.

I have a message into the company to come and quote the kitchen, as I would like to refresh that without pulling out the whole kitchen.

8 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

It looks so much better!

Cherie said...

That looks lovely now. I made the same mistake with our bathroom flooring but have lived with it these past six years. I am more than ready for a change.

mamasmercantile said...

What an amazing difference, I love the grey. A perfect combination with the granite.

Caree Risover said...

What a wonderful idea and I do love those handles

William Kendall said...

The after works.

Winifred said...

That looks really good. Nice colour. You've been doing a lot of work Gill.

Thinking about getting our kitchen spruced up too. The cupboards are still really good but might just get them sprayed a nice paler shade to save some dosh. Mind you by the time I've changed the floor, sink, worktops & bought a new cooker it will still be expensive.

Jackie said...

Ohh, I really like the redo. Gorgeous.

God bless.

angela said...

You were definitely correct in your ideas. It looks amazing now.
Well done

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...