Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Just not "feeling it."

So this morning I took a class on "Big Stitching."  I had never taken a class at this store before, but had been in the store a few times and found the owner to be very pleasant.

So I get to the store before the appointed time as I needed a couple of things to use in the class.  The instructor was very nice and told us there were nine in the class.  Four seats on one table, and five on the other.  So I went and put my bag down at a seat on the five table by the wall out of the way.  Went to buy my things and came back to sit down.

The woman sitting opposite me started telling this other woman come and sit next to her, which she proceeded to do, but a woman got to the seat before her and sat down.  By the look on the woman's face opposite me she wasn't happy, so I said I would move so this other woman could sit opposite her.  I found this all very unusual and actually thought to myself that the woman I had been sitting opposite was a little insecure.

Anyway, there were now four of us seated and the fifth person at the end of the table, although all her things were set out at the table she was still in the main part of the store shopping.  I brought a coffee with me in a travel mug with a sealed lid.  The new woman who I am now sitting opposite brought a coffee from Tim Hortons in one of their paper cups.  

You will know what happened next without me saying it, but yes she knocked over her cup and the coffee went over the woman's things at the end of the table.  Although the woman opposite apologized she made no effort to help clean up the mess.  Suffice to say the woman's whose things had coffee all over it was not happy and you could cut the air with a knife after that.

To cut a long story short, what with the whole atmosphere at the table and the most uncomfortable chairs I have ever sat on; I lasted an hour and a half.  The class was three hours long.  I was just not feeling it.

THEN.......as I was packing up to go, the woman opposite me says, oh could you drop me off at the garage it's only five minutes up the road............to which I said, there's still another hour and a half left in the class............she says that's fine and up she got.😦  So I take her to the garage, and yes it is only a five minute drive but I was flabbergasted???

Anyway, this is what we were aiming to do, this is the sample:

This is where I am at with mine:


Bit to go, will work on it when I have time.

8 comments:

Bettina Groh said...

well... that was a disappointment for you...Think I would have left too!!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I love those big stitch it brings the quilt to life. The few quilting and crafty class I taken people didn't see that clicky. I guess some never get our middle (jr high) school drama.
Coffee is on

Chris said...

Been there, done that (spilled coffee on someone's work) but I did try to clean up. Not much you can do once something is doused in coffee except apologise profusely!

angela said...

Some people are so rude you wonder how they got to live long enough to get to adulthood
Sounds like your like me. We just want to avoid arguing so we just don’t say no.
Although I really think we need to learn to do it.
Makes learning a horrid experience
Yours is looking lovely.

Julierose said...

sometimes I wonder about people, you know?? your stitching looks lovely ;))) hugs, Julierose

Practical Parsimony said...

No one in their right mind puts something liquid, even in a closed bottle on a table where sewing is done. I would have been livid. Next week, you have to nip this driving her wherever in the bud. Otherwise, you will be her chauffeur. Well, are you going back?

Joy said...

A very uncomfortable experience in several ways. What a shame. Your work is lovely though and I hope you want to finish it.
xx

William Kendall said...

Bad manners in more than one way, unfortunately.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...