Sunday, January 14, 2018

Busy Saturday running errands.......

Spent most of Saturday running errands. Had to pick up the rug we bought, that I posted about here.  As it is 9' x 12' it means we have to clear out the dining room to put it down.  The dining room is 10' by 15' but as we have the large table that seats 8 we were finding the 8' by 10' rug in there too small, length wise.  I will post a photo when we have it laid.  The good thing about this rug it is top quality and if we move it will go anywhere.

I ordered dh some winter boots on December 26th, and to cut a long annoying story short two pairs finally turned up on Friday, so had to go and pick one of the pairs up.  Needless to say I don't have a lot of good things to say about this company, especially the online division of this chain.  Their online customer service division sucks!!!

Dh wanted to call into a store called Sayal Electronics to pick up something.  Now that type of store typically bores me, however I found it very interesting as they had all sorts of educational toys in there, to do with science.  I picked the three older grands up a new place mat each, a dinosaur one, a map of the world one and flags of the world one.  Told dh we need to go to the bigger store's nearer Christmas as they have such interesting things in it for the kids.

Went to Walmart and bought a new doormat, it's not the best quality but it'll do for the winter:
Then hit up the dollar store to get all the birthday cards for February and a craft to do with Nora next Friday as she has a PA day at school.  Love the dollar store for things to do with the kids without spending a small fortune.

We had lunch out at a place called Jack Astor's.  We haven't been in that restaurant for years, but were pleasantly surprised at the quality of food.  We had Crispy Broccoli Caesar Bites, as we had a coupon for a free appitizer, they were greasy and would not order again, luckily it was free.  Dh had the Chicken Clubhouse with fries and I had the Chicken and Goat Cheese Sandwich with salad for our mains.  Both were excellent, top quality and would order again.  Here is the menu.  I will say we found the place expensive; $3.99 for a soda/pop is crazy.  I always order water, dh won't.

All in all we had a good few hours running errands and spending time together, with me doing what I love to do, shop 😊

6 comments:

Joy said...

I LOVE that door mat. It's great!
J x

angela said...

A busy but kinda fun day

Jenn Jilks said...

I cannot abide Walmart. They are so cruel to employees, as well as suppliers. Hubby almost doesn't tell me if he goes there!

William Kendall said...

It sounds like that kept you busy.

Jackie said...

You did a great deal on Saturday. I am looking forward to seeing your new rug.

God bless.

Jane said...

I like Jack Astor's too; they have interesting adult drink choices :) Have never been disappointed by their food which again has some unique choices.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...