Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bit of this and a bit of that........

John over at Tok Tok Place had a neat quiz about what sort of blogger are you. here are my results:


 
You Are a Life Blogger!







Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary.
If it happens, you blog it. And you make it as entertaining as possible.
You may be guilty of over-sharing a bit on your blog, but you can't help it.
Your life is truly an open book. Or in this case, an open blog!

Got an email from Kraft in my inbox, and had a peek.  Saw this neat section regarding 5 dinner's in one bag: http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/dinner/1bag5dinners/main.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-mtdce-_-2011-_-4005 thought there were some neat recipes there.


On Thursday while in town I popped into Zehrs and picked up some reduced meat and bread. I got three loaves of bread, 20 dinner rolls, a garlic bread baguette, four packages of English Bangers and two packages of lean ground beef; it came to $26 and change.


With one package of sausage I made my Sausage Risotto which we love.


The recipe is from this book.


The ground beef, I browned in a pan with some chopped up onions, drain and then freeze in portions in the freezer.


I have seen other people do this, but never done it myself.  Figured it would save a step when pulling the ground beef out of the freezer.

11 comments:

Kaisievic said...

I am a life blogger, too, must be why we get on so well. Thanks for the link. Your sausage risotto looks delicious, too.

Debby said...

I too turned out to be a life blogger. Love the deal you got at the grocery store, every little bit saved helps!! I haven't thought abount pre cooking some ground beef to have on hand, great idea for getting a meal on the table fast and easy and much less clean up!!

simplicityinthemaking said...

That be a lot of bangers! Great deals though. I love Independent Grocer for the same deals.

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Lots of great savings in the grocery dept for you, Gill.

Angela said...

I am a life blogger - and also discovered I am Belgian Fries [which is good as my other half is one half Belgian!!]

~Carla~ said...

Great buys! :) Pre-cooking & freezing hamburger is definitely easier & faster! I used to do tat as well... Should get back to it to save time!

DeniseinVA said...

Looks like a great recipe. The only British Bangers that I like are the ones that are made for the tea room I used to work in. I have tried many different kinds here but these are as close to the ones I used to buy in England as I can get. If anyone else has any suggested brand names I'm listening. I went up and bought a couple of packets the other day and then this friend and I - she's British too - stopped off for a fish and chip dinner we drove 20 miles for.

Lena said...

I am a pandit blogger :) Sausage risotto sounds delicious!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I haven't done one of those blogger quiz things for every. I also came up with the result of “A life time blogger” hopeful by the 2nd of August I will figure how to put it up on my blog.
I never brown the meat first but we buy ground beef in bulk when it on sale and put it in package and make up also some patties.
I love it when I go shopping and felt like I got a great bargain.... before I sign off one time there was this thing like a contest blogging everyday for a year...coffee is on.

Evelyn said...

I am a non blogger but love to read others!

Rose said...

I never thought about doing the ground beef like that and freezing it....and boy, when I seen your photo it reminded me I have not fixed my bell pepper casserole in a long time....that sounds pretty good right now.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...