Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Off to work today......

covering for L as she is off today, so I am guessing I will be run off my feet as it has been busy at work recently.

Managed to get the grass cut for the week, but if it keeps raining it will grow like mad again no doubt.

All the berry bushes are just hanging in fruit, as are the wild apple trees.  My apple trees are bare again, but as this is only year three I am not panicking......YET!!!  I even have a dishful of blueberries on my three bushes, so lets hope the wildlife don't take them as they are not ready yet!!  Don't have any strawberries though as the squirrels have stripped them clean.  Must think of a better way to protect them from the little devils next year.

Well my cup of tea is finished, Molly has to have a quick trot around the field yet, and then it's time to go to work.  I start at 8am and have to be out of the house by 6:45am as it takes me an hour to get to work and you never know what the traffic is going to be like when I hit the city.  Roll on 5pm when I will be home again back to the peace and quiet!!!

Have a good day!


Gill

2 comments:

angela said...

Have a great day!!

Rose said...

Hope you had a good day at work...I had never heard of squirrels eating strawberries...learn something new all the time on here.

Sometimes apples need other varieties to cross pollinate...I really don't understand it all. I just know it is a fact.

How old are your trees? Did the blooms get frozen maybe?

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...