Friday, August 27, 2021

Goodness me......

 It's been forever since I last posted.  I am around, just didn't feel as though I have had anything worth sharing with you.  I have missed blogging though and I am finding the older I get the more I forget things 😊 so at least when I blog, I can look back on things and it reminds me.  I have to say that's one thing I like about Facebook, old posts pop up in memories and remind me of all sorts of things.

I have found since the covid pandemic things have been harder and even though we are all double vaccinated I am still not comfortable being out and about in crowds.  If people get close to me in the stores, even though everyone has masks on, I still don't like it.  I know people are travelling; but I am not happy doing that, though I would dearly love to go back to the UK for a vacation.  "R" and her family just came back from Mexico and the resort itself was fine, with only 25% capacity.  It was the travelling there and back that was stressful.  We are not willing to expose ourselves to those type's of situations yet.

We have gained another member of our family.  Our son and his wife had another gorgeous little boy back in June.  Evan James is growing like a weed and will be 2 months old in a couple of days time. He is our last grandchild.  Everyone has said their families are complete.


All the rest of the grands are growing like weeds also.  Nitara will be 9 in January, Nora will be 8 in November, Sam will be 7 in September.  Jeina and Paige were 5 in May & June.  Liam was 3 in May and Evan was born in June.  That's right I have four birthday's from the end of May until the end of June.

Dh is still working, in fact has never stopped during this pandemic, made no difference at all.  He will be having his annual vacation shortly thank goodness.  It has been hot and humid these past few weeks and it's really making dh weary.  We have no plans to go anywhere, but I do have plans for things that need doing around the house...he will be thrilled..LOL

I have stopped sewing for Appleby Lane, my poor hands are getting too arthritic to do a lot of sewing.  I just make odds and ends for the family and myself now.  So I have been busy making jigsaw puzzles and reading while hibernating from the heat.  Thank goodness for air conditioning.

So there you are a little catch up and I think I will start blogging again.  Keep an eye out for the next post.  Hope everyone is well and please stay safe.

10 comments:

T'Pol said...

Welcome back Gill! Congrats on the new addition to your family. I missed your posts so, I hope, you will continue blogging. Great to know that you are doing well.

Rose said...

Even though I am not blogging currently, I still check your blog occasionally. Was so glad to see your comment on my post...I feel like blogging is more like catching up with an old friend than FB. LOL

I had wondered if your hubby was still working. The kids worked through Covid...one had to work some from home but still had to go in some days. Son-in-law worked every day. Other daughter was between jobs for a bit. One daughter moved much closer to home, and the other (Lorelei's family) moved away about an hour. OUr daughters live about 3 miles from each other.

I must say I wondered if you were still making stuff to sell, so you answered that.

Karen said...

Hello Gill! Good to see you again. Hope you are enjoying a bit of a cool down as we are here in E.Ontario. Have a great weekend.

busybusybeejay said...

Congratulations on your new addition to the family.Barbarax

My Piece of Earth said...

Great to have you back in blog land, it certainly has been a long time, I often wondered if you were OK, and then I saw some posts on FB, so knew you were still around.
Sorry to read your hands are giving you a lot of pain, and no sewing is being done.
It has been soooo hot these last few days I cannot get stuck into doing too much of anything outside, so the flower beds are looking a bit shabby.
Keep well.
Pat

William Kendall said...

Nice to see you again.

Maggie said...

Nice to see you back in blog land Gill, and congratulations on gaining another grandbaby :-)
I feel the same about going places, I'm not really bothered about going abroad on holiday any more so not missing it, I do still wear my mask although it's not compulsory here in the UK anymore and like you am nervous if there are too many people around, I suppose it's going to take a while for that to get back to how it was BC. DH is the only one in our family to be fully vaccinated, it wasn't something I felt happy doing.
Have a good weekend

Stella said...

Good to hear from you Gill. Your grandkids are growing up. Most people here in Iowa are not wearing mask. Hubby and I still do when we go out. Iowa had their state fair that end last Sunday. Kids are back in school. We'll see what happens here with the Delta variant of covid. Cases are going up. You and Hubby take care. Enjoy your weekend.

Winifred said...

Lovely to hear from you again Gill. Like you I haven't felt I had much to say in recent months so haven't been posting much either.

I suppose the last 18 months have shown how much we have taken for granted in life even the little things like going for a coffee but not being able to visit family & friends has been the worst. Hope you haven't missed out too much with the grandchildren. Mine are teenagers so they don't spend as much time with me apart from one who used to walk to our house every day after school.

The cases here in the North East of England aren't too bad but no doubt will increase as things have been opening up recently. Locally lots of people are still wearing masks but a lot of young people are not so no doubt once the schools go back we'll see an increase. My daughter was in London last week and said it was as though Covid didn't exist there! We'll see.

Dar said...

Hi Gill, I have just caught up on all your new posts - I'm happy you're back! As busy as ever. Your garden, front door, wall colour, new lighting etc. are all lovely! (good taste) I'm glad you're visiting with grandkids and keeping up with all their goings-on.

I have slowed down on my posts because I don't have much to say right now, but I won't be quitting blogging.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...